ACCA might seem a bit challenging, especially if English is not your first language. But don’t worry! If you are a non-English speaker but still wish to do ACCA preparation. It means you are not alone. The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a globally recognized certification. It is famous for finance and accounting professionals.
In this article, we will guide you through the ACCA, who can prepare for it, the exam structure, grading system. We will also share 5 tips to help non-English speakers excel in their ACCA journey.
The ACCA is known as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. It is an esteemed international accountancy qualification. It equips individuals with comprehensive knowledge and skills in finance. It also includes accounting and business. It enhances their career prospects in the financial industry.
Who Can Prepare for ACCA?
ACCA is suitable for anyone interested in a career in finance and accounting. This includes school graduates, university students, and working professionals. All who wish to enhance their skills and credentials. The flexibility of ACCA allows candidates to pursue it with their studies or work.
ACCA Exams List
The ACCA total papers consist of 13 exams. We have divided it into four modules;
1) Applied Knowledge
2) Applied Skills,
3) Strategic Professional
These exams cover a wide range of topics undoubtedly. They ensure a precise understanding of finance, accounting, and business principles.
ACCA Exam Pattern
The ACCA conducts exams through Computer-Based Examinations (CBE) for most papers. These exams assess various skills, including knowledge application, analysis, and evaluation. CBEs provide a flexible option for candidates. It also allows them to choose their exam dates and locations.
Grading System in ACCA
The ACCA grading system ranges from “Fail” to “Pass”. Furthermore the distinctions of “Pass with Grade” and “Pass with Distinction.” The passing score is 50%, but getting higher scores can provide extra distinctions. These showcase your level of understanding and competence.
Tips to Score Highest in ACCA for Non-English Speakers
1) Immerse Yourself in English: To start, surround yourself with English as much as you can. Watch English movies, read books in English, and talk to friends in English. Doing this regularly will make you more comfortable with the language.
2) Practice Regularly: Practice makes perfect, as they say! So, practice as often as you can. Solve practice questions, try mock exams, and work on sample papers. This will make you familiar with the exam format and help you manage your time better during ACCA preparation.
3) Increase Technical Vocabulary: Learn the words that are about money and business. It will help you understand the questions better and give better answers. Understand words like “finance,” “accounting,” and “economics.”
4) Use Language Learning Apps: Technology can be a big help. There are 5 best apps to learn English that you can use and learn money words. They’re like fun games that will teach you new words and help you get more confident.
5) Join Study Groups: Studying with friends is a smart idea. When you explain things to each other, you learn better. You can ask questions, help each other, and practice speaking in English. It’s like a team effort!
The ACCA syllabus covers a wide range of subjects. It includes;
1) Financial Accounting
2) Management Accounting
3) Corporate Law
4) Business Law
5) Performance Management
6) Taxation, and more.
This syllabus ensures that ACCA graduates are well-equipped to handle various financial roles.
ACCA Exam Fees
The ACCA Exam Fees vary based on the number of exams you register for. It is advisable to plan your exam schedule strategically to optimize cost efficiency. Additionally, ACCA offers early exam entry options that come with discounted fees.
ACCA 2023 Exam Dates
ACCA exams are typically conducted in four sessions throughout the year:
Specific dates vary by location and exam paper. It is important to check the ACCA official website for up-to-date information. It is about exam dates and deadlines.
These five tips are simple yet powerful tips to rock your ACCA preparation. Starting the ACCA journey as a non-English speaker might seem difficult. But dedication, preparation, and a focus the tips to improving English language skills win everything. ACCA not only improves your financial expertise but also provides global opportunities. These options are in the finance and accounting sector.
With these tips, you are on your way to ACCA success!